What does it mean to be a responsible pet owner?
Being a responsible pet owner or pet parent means providing for the animal’s basic needs. That means food, water, shelter, social interaction, and growth.
What are the responsibilities of a dog owner?
Responsibilities of Dog Owners
- Its need for a suitable environment.
- Its need for a suitable diet.
- Its need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour.
- Any need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals.
- Its need to be protected from pain, suffering and disease.
How do I claim ownership of my dog?
In determining proof of ownership, a judge will consider the following:
- Registration and license: The most likely document to be recognized by the court is the initial registration required for the majority of household pets.
- Veterinary records: The court may also consider veterinary medical records.