Use HEPA air cleaners throughout the rest of the home, and avoid dust-and-dander-catching furnishings such as cloth curtains and blinds and carpeted floors.
Clean frequently and thoroughly to remove dust and dander, washing articles such as couch covers and pillows, curtains, and pet beds.
How can I stop being allergic to dogs?
Dog Allergy Management and Treatment
- Keep the dog out of your bedroom and restrict it to only a few rooms.
- Don’t pet, hug or kiss the dog; if you do, wash your hands with soap and water.
- High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) cleaners run continuously in a bedroom or living room can reduce allergen levels over time.
Can pet allergies go away?
Although cat allergy symptoms may never go away completely, they are manageable. Remember this basic fact about cat allergens. They need to be airborne and you need to breathe them in for you to have an allergic reaction to them. Here are some recommended steps to decrease your (or your partner’s) cat allergies.
How can I reduce pet allergies at home?
How to Control Animal Allergens
- Use a HEPA Filter Vacuum Cleaner: Twice weekly, vacuum your carpeting, furniture and draperies with a high-quality, high-efficiency HEPA filter vacuum cleaner.
- Steam Clean Carpeting Frequently:
- Mop Uncarpeted Flooring & Wipe Down Walls:
- Wash Bedding Weekly:
- Bathe Pets Frequently: