How to List a Pet on Petfinder
- Go to www.petfinder.org.
- Click “become a Petfinder member” from the hover box located at the top toolbar.
- Seek the help of your trusted veterinarian.
- Provide Petfinder with a copy of your adoption contract.
- Get a copy of your IRS documentation if you are a non-profit organization.
- Fill out the online registration form.
Where can I post my dog for adoption?
Post your dog’s picture and information on your local Craigslist site and on adoption websites such as Petfinder.com, Rescueme.org or Adoptapet.com. Spread the word. Tell all of your friends, family members, colleagues and acquaintances about your dog.
Can you post free animals on Craigslist?
Craigslist allows users to post ads online for free with or without an account, using a valid email address. Place your ad in the “community” section of the website. Include several clear pictures of your pet to give potential adopters a good idea of what he looks like.
Can I give my dog away for free?
Places to Surrender Your Dog Free or Nearly Free
As a rule, shelters are typically managed and operated at the local level. Different shelters have different policies regarding surrendered dogs. Some will take any dog presented to them, without charging any fees.
How can I put my dog up for adoption?
Here are options to consider when you must give up your dog:
- Return her to the breeder, shelter, or rescue group you acquired her from.
- Place her with a trusted friend or family member.
- Advertise for someone to adopt her.
- Take her to a good shelter or rescue.
- Have her euthanized.
Where can I put my dog for sale?
Here are those Top 10 Dogs for sale websites that you can use to buy and sell dogs online.
- Pet Care. Pet Care Blogs is a category of Nearby Me website.
- Pet Classifieds.
- Puppy Find.
- Next Day Pets.
- Get your Pet.
- Puppy Spot.
- Only 4 Pets.
How do I post my pet on Craigslist?
How to Post a Lost Pet on Craigslist
- Visit www.craigslist.org.
- To the right of the page, you’ll see three columns with a list of cities, states, countries.
- On the very top right of the website, select “post”.
Do not give pets away for free?
Giving pets away for free can lead to gruesome consequences
Once you’ve taken an animal into your home and made him or her part of your family, you have an obligation to protect and nurture that animal because you’ve made a commitment.
Is it illegal to sell pets on Craigslist?
It is against the rules to sell pets, but they allow ‘rehoming with a small adoption fee. ‘ However, this is just a loophole and most animal sales will be flagged. If you are a breeder, and wanting to sell on Craigslist, then clearly you are running an illegal and immoral puppy mill.
How do I get rid of my dog I don’t want?
Make sure your dog has been to the vet recently and that you follow the vet’s recommendations. If you cannot find a home, foster arrangement, or rescue group that can take your dog, you may need to surrender your dog to the local public animal shelter or to animal control.
Should I euthanize my dog for biting?
One is for behavioral issues and the other is for physical issues. There is primarily one reason dog owners consider euthanizing their dog for behavior issues. That issue is moderate to severe human aggression. Dog owners frequently forget dogs that are significantly aggressive are also fearful and anxious too.
Where can I get rid of unwanted dogs?
The best way to get rid of a pet you don’t want is to take it to your local animal shelter. There are many non-profit groups that run shelters for animals you can no longer care for. By simply opening the phone book or doing an internet search you can easily find one.