Some more realistic ways to reduce pet dander in your home include:
- Clean carpets, furniture and curtains regularly. A solid steam cleaning will remove dander from surfaces as well as from deep down.
- Declutter the space.
- Give Fido a bath.
- Get serious about filtration.
- Clean your home’s air ducts.
How long does pet dander stay in a house?
For homes with sensitive individuals, the best way to protect indoor air quality is to remove the animal from the home. However, pet allergens may stay in the home for months after the pet is gone because the allergens remain in house dust. Allergy and asthma symptoms may take weeks or even months to improve.
Does Lysol kill pet dander?
Hard Surfaces: Finished wood baseboards, window sills and tables may all harbor allergens like pollen particles and pet dander. Lysol Disinfecting Wipes provide a dual benefit because they remove more than 95% of allergens and also kill 99.9% of germs on hard non-porous surfaces when used as directed.
How do I get rid of cat allergies in my house?
Instead of saying goodbye to Fluffy or Fido, simply follow these tips to get rid of the dander in your house.
- Keep it Clean. Pet dander will latch on to any surface, including carpeting, countertops, and curtains.
- Bathe Your Pet Often.
- Use an Air Purifier.
- Allergy-Proof the Bedrooms.
- Clean the Ducts.
How do I get rid of pet dander on my cat?
How To Treat Cat Dandruff –