How to remove dog smells from your home
- Vacuum dog beds once a week.
- Wash dog beds every other week.
- Vacuum floors twice a week depending on the type of dog and its shedding pattern.
- Wash hard floors like tile and vinyl with a strong cleaning solution and very hot water.
- Use a cover on any furniture that dogs are allowed on and wash the cover weekly.
How do you get rid of pet odors?
Sprinkle baking soda over all carpets, rugs, and upholstered surfaces. Let it sit for several hours, and then vacuum it again. Baking soda neutralizes trapped odors, just as it does when used to remove funky smells in a refrigerator.
How do you deodorize a dog?
On the carpets, bed and furniture, sprinkle baking soda liberally, using a cleaning brush to spread it around and into the fabric. Let it all sit overnight so that the baking soda has a chance to absorb the odors.
How do I get my apartment to stop smelling like dog?
Baking soda and vinegar are two of the hardest-working, cheapest cleaners in your odor-fighting arsenal. Mixed with water, vinegar makes a great cleaning solution that pulls double duty as an odor-buster. Baking soda can be sprinkled on mattresses, carpets, curtains and other linens, then vacuumed off to remove odors.