How do I stop dog urine from killing my grass?
Follow these seven tips to a greener and healthier lawn:
- Fertilize your lawn less, or not at all, in areas where your dog urinates.
- Spray areas where your dog urinates with water.
- Encourage your dog to drink more water.
- Replant affected areas with a more urine-resistant grass.
- Feed your dog a dietary supplement.
What neutralizes urine on grass?
Dolomite lime helps to neutralize the acid in dog urine and restore the soil to a pH balance more favorable to the growth of new grass. You love your dog but your dog’s urine can be hard on your lawn.
Will grass grow back from dog pee?
Whenever patches of brown grass appear, water the area deeply and repeatedly to flush the urine salts out of the surrounding soil. Even though you can’t bring dead grass killed by dog urine back to life, you can repair dog urine spots so they look as good as new.